Sunday, July 18, 2010

Exclusive! Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

Hello! How are you? I'd like to know what you think of me writing a book. I'm way too young, but I'll find a way! Just like that girl in the book The School Story by Andrew Clements. Anyway, I'd like to share the prologue of my new manuscript Kids Of Power. Here you go.

A long time ago, a man came to a land. He was known throughout the land as the Blue Knight since all he wore was shades of blue. For this reason all records with any mention of him in it was printed in blue. These records were written by his descendants who inherited his mysterious powers. Strangely, many generations of the Blue family went without powers. While he was in the country, he built two schools for his descendants. One would be for people with two or less powers, people with three to ten of his powers would go to the other. He never considered that someone would have all the powers but two. (Perfection, the boring power even the Blue Knight did not have, and darkness which no one had ever had yet.) The Blue Knight was chased out of the country by one of his sons with the first power of darkness and evil. His minions were shadows, and he used them to chase all the other Blue family members away. But he didn't stop there. He tried to take over the schools, but the headmasters, also sons of the Blue Knight, returned and fought him off, with fire and ice, the brothers two powers. Unfortunately, he escaped and the two brothers had an argument about whose fault it was. They separated and had each of their family members vow not to intermix with the other side. This was hundreds of years ago. All the original Blue family members had died. At least, that's what their descendants thought. Rumors flew around that the Blue Knight had not died and he was in a disguise, having no clue who he really was. Another flew around that the evil son had managed to find a way to live for 1700 years more than he was supposed to. That he had gathered an army. And that he was looking for a secret weapon. On the next year it was the 1600th anniversary of the brother's fight. On one part of the world, where the fire son's descendants had settled, there was a huge fire. In the place where the ice son's descendants had settled, a huge blizzard raged. Beggars were taken in. One of the beggars was a young man named Fred Akbar. Unknowingly he was a powerless descendant of the Blue Knight. He pulled himself to a door and knocked on it, then he collapsed. The door opened and an old woman peeked out. When she saw the poor beggar, she pulled him inside. When Fred woke up, he was surprised to see a very pretty young maiden nursing him back to health. Even after the blizzard, he stayed with the old woman and her daughter, until the maiden and he were married. They had a honeymoon to Arizona, where they and the old woman later moved in. After a while, they had a son named Adonis Abel Akbar. He was a powered descendant of the Blue Knight and they were surprised to see him exploit so many abilities, much more than ten. In fact he was the only descendant with all the powers of the Blue Knight. One day when he was two, his parents and grandmother disappeared into the darkness in a movie theater. He was sent to an orphanage, which one year later burned down giving off much smoke and almost killing everyone in there. Everyone survived- except that Adonis disappeared into the dark forest behind the orphanage. No one ever found him and he was assumed dead- until four years later when he turned up at the school built for descendants of the Blue Knight with two or less powers. This is the story of Adonis' first adventure at the school.

I'm going to print it with blue ink since it mentions the Blue Knight. I thought up the plot in the middle of the night trying to come up with an original idea. Some of my other ideas were Aiden Jet (based on Harry Potter), Battles Of The Galaxy (based on Star Wars), and Chronicles of Mythology (based on Percy Jackson). Pretty sad. I have had one other original idea, Snow Chicken, which is basically Frosty the Snowman turned into a chicken who fights crime. That was 3 years ago at Christmas. I wrote it as a gift for my sisters. This led to Snow Chicken 2: Birth, where Snow Chicken fought the same person (Zeb) disguised as a kid from Lucy's karate class. Then, Snow Chicken had chicks! Lucy was Snow Chicken's human sidekick. In the third book, it was revealed that Zeb was hypnotized by aliens. The spell is broken when he and Lucy get a good look at each other and they fall in love. That's as far as I've gotten. Anyway, comment whether you think this is an interesting idea, or a oh-boy-that-kid-is-crazy idea. Thanks!

Michael

P.S. Mom hasn't uploaded the pictures yet. But she will!

9 comments:

  1. Great writing Michael! I think you have a brilliant mind, a creative imagination, and amazing writing skills. Somewhere in a "safe" place, I have an original story you wrote and sent to me. Would you like it back to keep in a writing portfolio? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one is it? I would like to know what it was, but you can keep it. Maybe I will remember it and rewrite it myself...
    Love, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing Michael. You are good at writing and you have a wonderful vocabulary. Maybe one of your books will be made into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aunt Robin, that's what I hope to have happen someday.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great story and I always love reading the stories you write. I read Aiden Jet when I visited you in March and I enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.
    I like it.
    No,no, I really really like it.

    It reminds me of droll "Artemis Fowl," the most ingenious criminal mastermind in history and his female James Bond type nemesis, the faerie Captain Holly Short.
    Have you read that? If not, I highly recommend it! I have only read book one, but I seriously enjoyed it and thought about you & how much you would enjoy it the whole time. I recommend for not only fun reading, but to encourage your creative mind---great summer reading.

    "Snow Chicken" reminds me of your dad. No, not of your dad, but of his sense of humor and I'll bet he's had great fun with the adventures of this fowl. If not, then he needs to slack off work just a little and tickle his funny side.

    Keep up the writing! Polish your characters with description and adventure. And I think your Grandma Kerren's idea of keeping a writing folio is a great idea. Are you doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Artemis Fowl, I don't know why. But I think we're going to the library today, so I'll get it. I think I will make a writing portfolio.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know what you think of Artemus & the LEprachauns

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummmmmmm, it's Albany New York instead of Arizona.

    ReplyDelete