Friday, June 18, 2010

Hello!

Welcome to our new blog. We are the three oldest Austin kids, Michael, Jane and Eve! We are very excited to have a blog and we want to tell you about us first.

Michael- I am eleven years old. I love to read and write stories. My favorite color is red. My favorite animals are (1) the leopard and (2) the peregrine falcon. Another of my hobbies is technology. (I got a Greymark build it yourself programmable robot for my birthday.) I am excited about having a blog.

Jane- I am nine years old. I love to sketch animals like puppies & kittens.My favorite colors are yellow & green. I don't really have a favorite animal as long as it is a baby animal! Another one of my hobbies is playing soccer. I am very excited about having a blog.

Genevieve (Eve)- I am seven years old. I love to bake yummy stuff. My favorite colors are yellow and purple. My favorite animal is any animal that is a baby. Another one of my hobbies is sock skating in the kitchen. (That's when you slide around on a polished wooden floor with socks on.) I am also super excited about a blog!

That's about all for now. Here's our schedule if you want to see it.

Monday-Michael posts
Tuesday-Jane posts
Wednesday-Eve posts
Thursday-Mike/Eve post
Friday-Jane/Mike post
Saturday-Jane/Eve post 1st half and all three for 2nd half

9 comments:

  1. I am very excited to read this blog! I think it will be fun to hear all about your summer and the things you are doing. I liked learning a bit more about you too.

    Michael, if you build that robot, can you program it to do laundry and then let me borrow it for a few months?

    Jane, I think you should post at least one video of you doing a remarkable etch-a-sketch drawing. I still have the picture of the one you did of me.

    Eve, I am excited to learn more about you and hope you will share some book reviews of your favorite books. Maybe you could show a video of you reading to Lily and Henry, or some pictures from your favorite books? That would be cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog! It is awesome, and fun, and colorful, and cheerful. I can't wait to read it during the summer! If you get too busy to post, that is okay, just remember to come back to it, because we all will be waiting to read it again!

    I really love the Jelly Bellys on your blog. They look delicious.

    xoxo
    Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is so cool. Sock skating sounds slippery.

    I would like it if you shared a recipe on the blog. And perhaps a few ideas on what fun things we can do with our families during the summer. What do you do and what do you eat on your picnics? Oh, please tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The robot isn't that kind of one. I wish! If you want to look at it, go to 'ecelabd.com/graymark/603A.html'. Jane hasn't done much Etch-A-Sketch lately and she LOST HER ETCH-A-SKETCH!!! (gasp) Eve will post her stuff too. I hope.
    We won't get too busy to blog. The reason for the Jelly beans is because at first, my idea for a name was Jumbo Jellybeans, but we decided on this.
    Eve says sock skating is fun. Thanks for that great idea on recipes. One of my favorites is a PB&J sandwich on potato bread but you ALSO put honey on top of the jam. It mixes and is awesome. Also, the jam stops the honey from soaking into the bread and making it... crunchy.
    Love, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other names were:
    Oh What Do You Do In The Summertime?
    Rocks
    Jumbo Jellybeans
    We're on Cloud 9
    We are on Cloud 9
    We're on Cloud Nine (The difference is the contraction and the 'nine/9')
    ETC....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling Blog! I like the name. Please email me a copy of the icecream photo. It deserves a frame and prominent spot in my home, both of which it will receive within days of arrival to my pc!

    Michael- there are peregrine falcons at the cabin, and the way our dog wakes us with his shrill barking at night I'm thinking we must have a leopard on our hillside. What do you think? How's your robot?

    Jane - Your dad and Aunt Emily are pretty good artists. So is my sister Kathy, You must have inherited the artist gene. I like Aunt Kristen's idea about a short video of you - doing ANYTHING!

    Evie - This grandma thinks you & Jane & the other 3 need a puppy. A lab is what I'd lobby for. Outdoor dog.... with a kennel, right by your bedroom window. Labs grow a nice warm winter coat. UH OH, now I'm in trouble with your dad...... I want to see a video of the sock skating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome about the animals. The robot is... unfinished. No. Unstarted. Dad's really busy and we haven't gotten very far. In fact, we have only read the definitions of all the terms and made sure we have everything, which we do. I totally agree that we should get a dog!
    Love, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea. I am a friend of your parents. I knew your family when your parents lived in Oregon. I met Michael when he was just a baby. We have 4 kiddos (one of whom has the same name as one of your sibilngs) You will have to ask your mom which one. I will enjoy reading up on your adventure.

    ReplyDelete