Monday, June 21, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things!

Michael Austin presents
These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things
Summer Edition


First comes the kickball game against the teachers.
That night's the 5th grade graduation thingamajigger.
Last day of school half the kids aren't there.
These are my favorite things for summer........

Sleeping in and having a new blog.
Not getting to swim yet is such a bummer.
I can't imagine what's happening next.
These are my favorite things 'bout summer...

WHEN THERE'S THUNDER!
WHEN THERE'S LIGHTNING!
WHEN I'M SCARED BEING!
I simply think of more summer things...

Friend birthday parties with badminton and waterslides.
Happiness that David S. Austin's our father!
Friends that come over and play
These are my favorite things from summer.

Soon Hill Cumorah and maybe Erie Canal.
Potato chips from the factory called Herr's.
Books from the library, and movie nights.
More favorite fun things in the summer.

WHEN THERE'S SPIDERS
WHEN WE QUARREL
WHEN I FEEL REALLY BAD
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad!

Each night we go out and catch fireflies.
Henry goes SMACK and it suddenly dies.
Maybe we'll picnic and also play!
And all through the summer days!

AND ALL THROUGH THE SUMMER DAYS!

Michael

8 comments:

  1. Nice song Michael! You have some great things to look forward to this summer. Did you know that we don't have fireflies. My kids have never seen a firefly. We should come visit you and you can show them how to catch them! Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Michael, this song makes summer at your house sound WONDERFUL! I am really hoping that our family can meet you at the Hill Cumorah pageant. Your summer sounds awesome (I really liked your lyrics!).
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. THATS AWESOME MICHEAL!!!! i am really excited to start reading your guys blog it is gunna be awesome. I really liked that recreation of the poem/song that you did "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things" it made me laugh and made me want to be there and see all of the fireflies i have never seen them before, it also made me wish that you where here that would be so much fun then you could come swimming (because we have a pool) well i hope i gget to see you soon i love you Micheal have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, Your summers sound exciting and fun! I sang along to your poem and it worked perfectly! You are a creative writer, and funny too! I don't like spiders either.

    I look forward to reading more blogs from the cool Austin kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new blog, the song, the whole thing! Most of all I love you! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Mike you're a clever guy! I hope you get to go swimming SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday we did go swimming.
    love, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michael!
    We love your new blog!!! Maybe I will get my kids to post on our poor neglected blog... The song is fantastic and it sounds like summer is too! How we wish we could come visit you there! We will be watching to see what fun you are having. We love you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete