Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Favorite Books

This is Jane. I am writing a list of a few of my favorite books. You might want to try them.

-Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling (I have just started, but so far it's been good.)
-The Clementine books (Clementine, Talented Clementine, Clementine's Letter)
-The Daring Book for Girls (It isn't a story, but it has some cool things in it.)
-Because Of Winn-Dixie (Also other books by Kate DiCamillo)
-Fablehaven by Brandon Mull (If you want I can tell you about this book in comments, but then again Michael would have to do it since I haven't read all of it yet.)
-Almost all the American Girl Doll books I have read, plus Snooza-Palooza
-The Cam Jansen Mysteries by David A. Adler
-The Animal Ark books by Ben M. Baglio (Michael loves them too!)
-the Shiloh books Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
-the Boxcar Children series/specials by (It's a family favorite!)
-Michael wants me to recommend Alvor even though I haven't read it yet. It's on my to-do list. It's by Laura Bingham. (Ditto about Fablehaven summary in comments.)
-It's Fine to be Nine by assorted authors

Well, that's all for now. I might list more in the Comments section if I remember any.

Jane

8 comments:

  1. The Magic Tree House books, and the Jigsaw Jones series.
    Love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list Janey! I hope you read read read all summer long. Add the BoM to your list and you are set. :) xoxox Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet this is an awesome book list, but for some unknown reason, it only shows up in a strange unreadable font -- cute, but unreadable. I'll check back later to see if I can read it. Keep on reading! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting the wingdings font also.

    I love the ice cream photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this post--can it be changed to a different font?

    I am so glad you all have a blog! And I LOVE the jellybean background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jane!
    I love your new blog and your book list! (very clever coded post!) We love all the same books at our hose too! We will look for "The Daring Book for Girls" at our library. Have you tried "Percy Jackson, The Lightening Thief"? My kids have just finished that series. Amy and Sarah are doing a summer book club with some neighbors and friends. They have read the "American Girl Kirsten" books and "Nory Ryan's Song" and "Maggie's Door" by Patricia Reilly Giff. (Partly sad, but really good.)
    Thanks for posting your list. We will check back to see what else you have been doing! We LOVE you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey cool!Michael got a Percy Jackson book from a school book fair and loves it too !
    Love ,
    Jane
    P.S. Sorry I Forgot the Book of Mormon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know what your favorite books are, but unfortunately this font just is a bunch of pictures to me.

    ReplyDelete